- Sow the seeds vertically, 2cm deep into pots undercover from March
- Acclimatise plants before planting out once all risk of frost has passed
- Climb up a frame or wigwam
- Likes full sun and keep well watered
- After harvesting, cure in the sun for a week before storing
Squash Uchiki Kuri – 10 Seeds
A small sized squash with a wonderful, almost chestnut taste. Gorgeous in soups, stews, curries and roasted.
Sow under cover from March, acclimatise before planting out when all risk of frost has passed.
These are climbing plants so will need a frame or wigwam to grow up. Keep them well watered and in full sun. Harvest when the skins have toughened and leave to cure in the sun for a week before storing in a frost free place.