- Can be sown in March-April under glass with a temperature of 16 degrees in pots with seed compost
- Or sow late May-June outside. Sow 2-3 seeds every 25cm with rows spaced 60cm apart
- Seedlings sown under glass should be hardened off before planting out in late May
- Canes can be used along the rows or joined in a wigwam for the beans to grow up
- Water regularly during hot/dry weather
- Runner beans benefit from growing in ground well prepared and manured the previous autumn
Runner Bean Scarlet Emperor – 40 Seeds
A fabulously tasty bean. Easy to grow, attractive and delicious….. is there anything as satisfying as going out into the garden, harvesting your own fresh vegetables and eating them a short time later?