- Sow thinly from Feb-May direct, into light, fertile and pre-watered soil
- Leave 40cm between rows. Early sowings may benefit from cloche protection
- Water well until established
- Thin plants to 20cm
- Leave roots in the ground until required. Taste improves after exposure to frosts
- 32-36 weeks until maturity. Harvest from Oct-Jan
Parsnip White Gem – 100 Seeds
An excellent tried and tested variety that is suitable for virtually any soil type.
White Gem has good canker resistance and produces lots of medium length, white smooth-skinned, parsnips with a good sweet flavour. Perfect for roasting or making into soups and stews.