- Sow thinly March to July, 1cm deep in drills 30cm apart where they are to crop
- Seedlings should be seen within 2-3 weeks
- Thin seedlings to 5cm apart when large enough to handle.
- Keep plants well watered in dry weather
- Harvest when roots reach about 4cm in diameter or more, around June to October
Beetroot Detroit – 75 Seeds
These produce large, quality roots of supreme flavour. Ready to harvest over a week earlier than ‘Boltardy’ this bolt resistant beet offers smooth, firm, deep red flesh without a hint of fibre, even when roots reach 12.5cm in diameter. Excellent for early and successional sowings and stores well for use during winter.