- Put the seeds in the fridge for one week before sowing
- Sow mid September or April – May directly into soil
- Or sow into seed tray/modules either in autumn to plant out in spring or in early spring to plant out early summer
- Lightly cover the seeds and keep moist
- Seed germination approx can be slow
- Hardy Annual
- Requires support
Larkspur Giant Imperial Mix – 300 Seeds
Larkspur is to me one of the quintessential cottage garden flowers. Tall, gorgeous flower colours and feathery foliage means it’s indispensable as a cut flower.
These can be sown directly into the soil September or April to May….
or sown into seed trays/modules either in the autumn to plant out in the spring or in early spring to plant out in early summer.
Cover the seeds very lightly with soil and keep moist.
It’s worth popping the seeds into the fridge for a week or so before sowing to aid germination.
It’s a good idea to grow through netting to give support so that a strong wind doesn’t blow them flat.