- Sow in September for larger, stronger plants and/or in late April
- Can be sown in modules to transplant later or direct into the soil
- Pre-water the soil before sowing
- Sow thinly and cover only very lightly. Do not let the soil dry out.
- Prefer poor soil, well drained soil and full sun
- Grow through netting for support
- Keep cutting and deadheading to encourage more blooms
Cornflower Black Ball – 400 Seeds
Another beauty from the Cornflower family. Black Ball is actually more of a very deep, dark plum colour than black and is absolutely stunning when used as a cut flower. I love it teamed up with the bright orange of calendula for a really eye catching display but its also wonderful in more softer arrangements and sits very well in amongst pinks, blues and reds too.
Bees and other pollinators adore cornflowers, grow these and you garden will be buzzing and humming all summer long. Keep deadheading or cutting bunches of flowers for friends to prolong the flowering season.
Grow in poor, well drained soil and in full sun and it is advisable to grow through some netting as they are prone to flopping over in high winds without support.